ISVMA is proud to offer another outstanding learning opportunity for veterinary professionals! With support from IDEXX Laboratories, the 2008 ISVMA Spring Seminar Series includes the follow speakers and topics:
PART I - presented by Stephen Dullard, DVM, ABVP
• Feline Heartworm Disease- New Advances You Have To Know - Did you know that the prevalence rate of feline heartworm disease is almost equal to that of other common feline diseases such as FIV, FeLV, feline diabetes mellitus or kidney disease? Although heartworm is often considered a canine disease, it turns out that cats are also at risk for heartworm. During this seminar, we will review the latest information on feline heartworm including a review of its lifecycle and pathogenesis, new research findings, clinical perspectives on diagnostic and preventative strategies and industry recommendations for treating infected patients.
Topics to be covered:
• Life Cycle & Pathogenesis
• Prevention Options
• New Information on H.A.R.D.
• Educating your Staff and Clients
• Clinical Signs & Prevalence
• Practice Management Impact
• AHS Guidelines – Testing, Treatment & Management
PART II - presented by Peter Kintzer, DVM, DACVIM
• Challenges in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Canine Hyperadrenocorticism - The diagnosis of hyperadrenocorticism is not always straightforward and some patients are frustrating to treat. Learn practical tips to better manage these cases.
• Addison's Disease in Dogs - Update on hypoadrenocorticism including current issues regarding available diagnostic tests and their interpretation. Review of recommendations for treating and monitoring these patients in practice.
• Endocrinology Update for Practitioners- Dr. Kintzer will use case studies to highlight recent cutting edge findings in endocrinology useful to small animal practitioners.
The ISVMA Spring Seminar Series will be offered at four locations in 2008. The seminars will begin at 10:00 a.m. (registration begins at 9:00 a.m.) and conclude at 4:00 p.m. Lunch will be served.
Please click on the locations for additional information:
April 19, 2008 at the University of Illinois at Springfield in Springfield, IL
April 20, 2008 at the Ramada in Fairview Heights, IL
April 27, 2008 at National Louis University in Lisle, IL
Attendees at the ISVMA 2008 Spring Seminar Series will receive 4 hours of continuing education credit.