ISVMA Virtual Programs Code of Conduct
ISVMA is committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and ISVMA staff. All participants — including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, ISVMA staff members, service providers and all others — are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct. This policy applies to all ISVMA sponsored meetings/events, including those sponsored by organizations other than ISVMA, but held in conjunction with ISVMA events, on public or private platforms.
ISVMA has a zero-tolerance policy for any discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants, or our staff during our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior,
ISVMA asks that you inform Deborah Lakamp, CAE, executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 546-8381 so that ISVMA can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
• Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form.
• Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, ISVMA staff member, service provider or other meeting guest.
Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion or national origin; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual
images in public spaces or in presentations; or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, ISVMA staff member, service provider or other meeting guest.
• Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by ISVMA throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any ISVMA virtual event staff.
• Presentations, posting and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements or solicitation for services. ISVMA reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of
• Participants should not copy or take screenshots of Q&A’s or any chatroom activity that takes place in the virtual space. ISVMA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting
without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and ISVMA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.