What information does the ISVMA app collect from users, such as their location, device information, and personal data like name and email address.
We collect personal data that you provide in the app or the data that the event host provides to us through registration of the event, or through the event hosts membership systems, event systems, CRM systems, or any system of record that the event hosts use to track their users might be requested or collected.
The event host or We may ask for this data in order for you to get the most out of the app and other products, beyond browsing, or for the purposes disclosed to you at the time such personal information is collected. The information is up to you to enter, and share is entirely up to you.
When using the App you may provide us with personal data — personal data includes all personally identifiable information (PII) and data that directly or indirectly identifies you (such as your name, email address, login, phone number and address). You can control how much information you provide to us. In some circumstances, we may receive this data from the event organizer so we can pre-populate certain fields in the App. To benefit from or gain access to the app, you may be required to provide us with your email, username, and password.
The only personal data we actively collect from you, beyond which you have provided is through your registration or app login, would be non-personally identical data such as your mobile device ID #, operating system, browser type, carrier provider, language, geographic region, device type, screen size, and the date/time of your visit to the App or Website, as well as information about your ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the mobile site or mobile app, and the type of content you view.
How the information is used and shared, including any third-party services that may receive the data.
Our principle is that we do not share your personal data with third parties unless we have a good reason to do so. These are common cases of sharing data:
- Attendees – In addition, other users of the App will be able to see limited information such as your profile, contact info you share, and social sharing activity. Apart from your first and last name and company, we do not actively share your personal data within the app. As an attendee, you have the option to remove or update your contact info. Attendees can be classified as Users, Sponsors, Exhibitors, Speakers, or Staff.
- Exhibitors – We may share your information with exhibitors if you allow the exhibitor to scan your contact information at the event, if you click consent on a pop-up box in the App, or if you click to consent to receive exhibitor offers tailored to you.
- Our Service Providers – We engage our trusted third-party service providers for Event App services (https://dataservices.eventpedia.us), push notification services, email hosting, server hosting, and analytics providers (Count.ly) to help us analyse and improve our Services.
- Compliance with applicable law – We may share information in its possession with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will access and disclose any Personal Information collected to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Avodigy or Eventpedia or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.How users can access and control their information, including the option to opt-out of data collection or delete their account.
How users can access and control their information, including the option to opt-out of data collection or delete their account.
While you’re not required to provide Personal Identifiable Information to access the mobile apps, some of our features may not be available to you if you choose not to create an account with us or, at other times, not to provide requested information. If you would like to be removed from a list provided to us to pre-populate lists in the app, please contact the event host first or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed.
The measures taken to protect user information, such as encryption and secure servers.
While We have security measures to help protect the information under our control:
We try to protect your personal information and ensure the security of your communications on our systems by maintaining physical, organizational, and technological safeguards (appropriate to the sensitivity of such information) designed to protect it against unauthorized use, disclosure or access of the personal information we collect on our mobile apps.
Your information may be stored in whole or in part on equipment or in facilities leased or licensed from others.
Any additional terms or policies that apply to the use of the app, such as terms of service or a refund policy.
- Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal information only so long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected, for the products and services that you are using, or to meet any legal requirements. We have retention standards, which meet these requirements. We destroy your personal information when it is no longer needed.
- Remove personal information that you have already sent the event host or posted within the app so that you can correct or update it or delete your personal information from our files. In most cases this can be updated by you the user.
- If your child under 13 has sent us personal information, delete that personal information from our files.
- If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person.
- You may send us other requests, responses, questions, and complaints by email at email@example.com or mail at our address at 1121 Chatham Rd, Springfield, IL 62704.